Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makes10 servings (about 2 quarts)
- 8 cups apple cider or juice
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Additional cinnamon sticks, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the first six ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Discard cinnamon sticks. Use additional cinnamon sticks for stirrers if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 138 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 54mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 1, 2013
Nov 14, 2013
Made it in a slow cookeron high, then held the temp on low after discarding the cinnamon sticks. It tasted wonderful and made the house smell great to boot!
Jan 1, 2013
Wonderful! I used apple juice and it turned out great. Thank you for sharing the recipe.
Oct 24, 2009
Very Delicious. My husband forgot how his mom made it and we found this recipe. Yum! We didn't have cinnamon sticks, but used ground cinnamon. 3 3" sticks equals 1 1/2tsps.