Spiced Apple Cider
When the temperature drops outside, I like to warm up family and friends with steaming mugs of simple spiced cider. The recipe can easily be doubled for a larger group.—Deirdre Cox, Kansas City, Missouri
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 6 cups apple cider or juice
- 8 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 2 lemon zest strips
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 8 whole cloves
- 4 slices red apple, cored and cut in half
- In a large saucepan, combine the apple cider, cinnamon sticks, lemon zest and nutmeg. Insert a clove into each apple slice; add to cider.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 1 minute. Discard lemon zest strip. Ladle into mugs.