Potato Apple Pancakes
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 large potatoes, peeled
- 2 medium apples, peeled
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Sour cream, optional
- Finely shred potatoes and apples; pat dry. Place in a bowl; add the eggs, onion, flour and salt and mix well.
- In a skillet, heat 1/4 to 1/2 in. oil over medium-high heat. Drop batter by heaping tablespoonfuls into hot oil. Flatten to form 3-in. pancakes. Fry until golden brown; turn and cook the other side. Drain on paper towels. Serve immediately with sour cream if desired.
Oct 10, 2014
My husband and I really enjoyed these pancakes! The apples added an unexpected, but delicious touch of sweetness. I will be making these again!
Aug 7, 2014
Nov 8, 2013
Made the recipe as written and didn't like how the first four came out. So I add 3 more tablespoons of flour. Next time I make them I will start with just 1 egg and go from there. I will also measure the potatoes and the apples, since the sizes vary and I want to consistent product from one time to the next. I will also use my griddle to cut down on the amount of oil.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.