Garden Potato Pancakes
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 5 min./batch
- 2 medium zucchini, grated
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium potato, grated
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1/3 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup shredded sharp white cheddar cheese
- Oil for frying
- Cracked black pepper and sour cream, optional
- In a strainer or colander, drain zucchini, squeezing to remove excess liquid. Pat dry. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, flour, salt, pepper and basil until blended. Stir in onion, potato, carrot, corn, cheese and zucchini.
- In an electric skillet, heat 1/4 in. of oil to 375°. Working in batches, drop vegetable mixture by 1/3 cupfuls into oil; press to flatten slightly. Fry 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. If desired, sprinkle with cracked pepper and serve with sour cream.
Nutrition Facts2 pancakes (calculated without sour cream): 269 calories, 20g fat (3g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 266mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Aug 18, 2015
Excellent taste! I used 1 medium Zucchini to 2 medium potatoes & 3 medium carrots. I left out the corn because I did not have any. We absolutely loved these! Excellent taste combo. I did have some issues getting them crisp & I think I would do oven fried next time. But ohhh what a lovely taste! Thanks for the excellent recipe!
Jul 15, 2014
These are really good and freeze well too. The only changes I made was adding a generous dash of garlic powder and instead of frying, cooked them on our George Foreman Grill sprayed with Pam for Grilling. Done in no time and saved calories that frying would have added.
Jul 1, 2014
I wonder if you could do these in the oven and avoid frying?
Jan 26, 2014
These were very good.. Added some garlic and parsley. Also added some grated parmesan cheese. Will make again.
Jun 12, 2013
It's a good thing I "over estimated"'what I needed as these were gone very quickly. A nice twist on potato pancakes
Jun 3, 2013
My family liked this, but we would prefer a more even ratio of potatoes to zucchini. The amounts of corn and carrot were fine.
May 5, 2013
Very tasty! I only had one zucchini and parm instead of cheddar, but this tasted great and came together well. Made too much for a family of four though, would cut in half next time, esp since they are fried in oil.
Apr 22, 2013
I changed it up JUST a little - no onion (but used onion powder) added some garlic powder and used cheddar/jack and parmesan cheeses instead.. but LOVED it! Will definitely make this one again!
Apr 19, 2013
These must be tiny zucchini... Mine were larger (I guess) and needed 3 more potatoes, another carrot, and another egg to fill out the color. We couldn't taste the cheese, so we will leave it out next time. Took over an hour to cook everything though.
Apr 19, 2013
Used a broccoli salad mix, amazing.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.