Easy Potato Pancakes
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Place the hash browns in a strainer; rinse with cold water until thawed. Drain thoroughly; transfer to a large bowl. Add the flour, eggs, butter, water and salt and mix well.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Drop batter by 1/3 cupfuls into oil; fry until golden brown on both sides. Drain on paper towels.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 202 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 129mg cholesterol, 421mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
May 9, 2019
If you're looking for potato pancakes, this is not the recipe. Followed recipe as written. These are pretty flavorless. They may work as a side as in the image, but as potato pancakes, .... not this recipe.
Aug 6, 2014
Very good recipe. Using frozen hash browns makes it so easy and adding onion makes it so good.
Feb 26, 2014
I just tried this recipe, my husband liked these potato pancakes. I will make them at work (an elderly facility). I will do another review after I have made these for our residents. I'm so excited!
Aug 14, 2013
Great recipe. I added chopped onions and the potato cakes were perfect.
Oct 4, 2011
These were simple to make and tasted great. The egg and butter gave them great flavor. We ate them with soup beans and will definitely make them again.
Mar 19, 2011
Easy to make and tastes great. I used 4 cups of hash browns because the bigger the better