Leek Potato Pancakes
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling Cook: 5 min./batch
- 1/2 pound russet potatoes, peeled and quartered (about 1 large)
- 2 pounds medium leeks (white portion only), thinly sliced
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup canola oil, divided
- 6 tablespoons sour cream
- Place potato quarters in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender, adding leeks during the last 3 minutes. Drain.
- Transfer potato quarters to a large bowl; mash with eggs, bread crumbs, cheese, salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls into oil. Fry in batches until golden brown on both sides, using remaining oil as needed. Drain on paper towels. Serve with sour cream.
Nutrition Facts2 pancakes: 338 calories, 17g fat (5g saturated fat), 155mg cholesterol, 611mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 4g fiber), 11g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 25, 2018
I really liked these! I added celery and green pepper and that gave it a boost. I served with scrambled eggs. Make sure to drop by 1/4 cup into frying pan, not 1/2 cup. They have to be small to brown nicely - and so you can flip.