Amish Potato Pancakes
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
Makesabout 8 pancakes
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cubed (about 2 cups), divided
- 1 medium onion, cubed
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a blender or food processor, place 1/2 cup potatoes, onion, eggs, flour, parsley, baking powder, salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce and nutmeg. Process until smooth. Add remaining potatoes and pulse until chopped (two to three times). Pour by 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot well-oiled skillet or griddle. Fry over medium heat until golden on both sides.
Nutrition Facts3 pancakes: 190 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 142mg cholesterol, 515mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 2, 2015
I needed a side dish to go with lunch so I quickly picked this one. I grew up with potato cakes so I wanted to make a variation of an old recipe. This one was okay. Not sure where the Amish comes in. I did like the taste of the Worcestershire sauce in it.