Amish Breakfast Casserole
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min. + standing
- 1 pound sliced bacon, diced
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups Daisy 4% cottage cheese
- 1-1/4 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook bacon and onion over medium heat until bacon is crisp; drain. In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients; stir in bacon mixture. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, 35-40 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 273 calories, 18g fat (10g saturated fat), 153mg cholesterol, 477mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 18g protein.
Feb 6, 2020
The result is exactly like a bacon-flavored block of cheese. Can not recommend.
Jan 16, 2020
@LittleDixie: Your oven might need to be recalibrated. Put an over thermometer in to test what your actual temperature in there is and then you can adjust your temp accordingly.
Dec 28, 2019
Great breakfast for everyone!
Dec 21, 2019
I have used this recipe for years! I always mix it together on Christmas Eve and just pop it in the oven Christmas morning. I love to add a small can or two of hatch chiles! I mention it on my blog here: www.maternitydessert.com
Nov 14, 2019
This was a delicious casserole! We liked it so well, we ate it for breakfast, then had leftovers for supper! I subbed ham for the bacon and added some bell peppers. So good! Even the hubby was raving about it! Lol
Sep 23, 2019
This is a great recipe for the holiday's. I use bacon, Italian sausage
Sep 14, 2019
threw most of it down the garbage disposal........not tasty at all.......not cheesey enough.....
Sep 2, 2019
My family loves this but it never seems to be done in 35-40 minutes. My oven is set at 350 what am I dining wrong? Any suggestions?
Aug 2, 2019
Jul 30, 2019
I gave it 4 stars because my son really liked it, but my daughter and I thought it was just okay