Corn Potato Pancakes
I love combining different foods to see what I can come up with. I put last night's mashed potatoes to delicious use in these slightly crisp golden brown cakes. —Carolyn Wilson, Lyndon, Kansas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
Makesabout 1 dozen
- 2 cups mashed potatoes (with added milk and butter)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cream-style corn
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons canola oil,divided
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil; drop four 1/4 cupfuls of batter into skillet. Cook for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Repeat with remaining oil and batter.