Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- Butter and maple syrup, optional
- Place zucchini in a colander to drain; squeeze well to remove excess liquid. Pat dry.
- Whisk flour, cheese, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, salt and pepper. In another bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and onion. Add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened. Fold in zucchini.
- Lightly grease a griddle with cooking spray; preheat over medium heat. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto griddle. Cook until bubbles on top begin to pop and bottoms are golden brown. Turn; cook until second side is golden brown. If desired, serve with butter and syrup.
Nutrition Facts2 pancakes: 314 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 103mg cholesterol, 973mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 2g fiber), 12g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 2, 2019
We really like zucchini pancakes but the cornmeal in this recipe makes it a real hit! I am going to make it again and put some sweet corn in the recipe and then serve with a corn sauce. I think that will make it even better. Actually, this recipe could be adapted in to lots of different tasty pancakes!
Sep 27, 2018
I substituted a whole grain pancake mix so I omitted the baking powder and used the salt to help the zucchini release its moisture. I also squeezed the zucchini in a clean kitchen towel. I used the batter to make 4 waffles instead of 8 pancakes. I then topped the waffles with cheeseburgers!!! The waffles were a perfect platform for the burgers...very savory. Will definitely use this recipe again.
Jun 28, 2017
I made these pancakes tonight! They're delicious without the butter and syrup!
Apr 30, 2017
These were very good. I will make them again. Eeryone liked them. Thanks Katherine.
Aug 17, 2016
Aug 7, 2016
Looking for another way to use fresh zucchini? This recipe is great! I served it with barbeque pork sandwiches, which made for a nice meal. They are easy to make, with a light Parmesan cheese taste (I would be tempted to leave the Parmesan cheese out next time). All in all a winner! Will make again.
Aug 6, 2016
If in a hurry, you can use a package of jiffy mix cornbread mix. A friend of mine gave me this recipe eons ago and I look forward to summer for fresh zucchini. YUM.
Jul 18, 2016
These are delicious! I serve them with plain Greek yogurt and apricot preserves, which compliment the flavored and texture of these addictive pancakes beautifully. But butter and real maple syrup are delicious, too!
Jul 1, 2016
I made these delicious pancakes for dinner tonite. I used 1 tsp. dried minced onion instead of the finely chopped onion and I also added 1 Tbsp of oil to the batter. They turned out wonderful! They were very tasty ... a very nice consistency from the cornmeal and a freshness from the zucchini. Now I know what to do with some of the zucchini I'm getting from my neighbor's garden! Highly recommended!