Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup finely shredded unpeeled zucchini
- 1/2 cup California Walnuts
- 1/4 cup dried currants or chopped raisins
- In a bowl, combine the first 6 ingredients. Combine the egg and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the zucchini, walnuts and currants.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray or use paper liners; fill three-fourths full with batter. Bake at 350° for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 318 calories, 16g fat (1g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 180mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Aug 31, 2019
These are delicious. The only change I made was to soak my raisins in hot water then pat them dry and dust with 1 T of the flour from the recipe. It's just my thing because I don't care for hard bites of raisins. I shared this recipe. It's a keeper.
Aug 17, 2019
Great texture and flavor, packed with walnuts and raisins. A keeper!
Oct 23, 2018
These are really great muffins, I have a lot of zucchini this time of the year, so this is a great recipe to use some it.
Jul 30, 2018
Really good recipe. I am not a fan of walnuts or raisins in muffins. Instead I added 1 tsp of vanilla and substituted 1
Apr 20, 2018
these are so good, but i added apple sauce to the mix to make batter more moist, it's a keeper!
Apr 3, 2018
Finally found a way to use up all that zucchini I keep buying.However, let me tell you what I changed . I use raw tubinado sugar cutting amt. in half. Plenty sweet for me.Replaced canola oil with coconut oil. Basically all else was the same. Never had better zucchini muffins.When I doubled recipe I got 6 muffins (25-30) min. and 2 small loaf pans ( which took 35-40 min. )Sooooo Sooooo Good.
Nov 15, 2017
This is a super easy recipe and the muffins taste delicious. I double the recipe always as they are so popular, 6 is never enough for my husband alone. Yum Yum. Thank you for sharing a good recipe.
Jul 26, 2017
I usually make bread with my garden zucchini, but decided to try muffins. I'm so glad I picked this one to follow! It was very easy to double. The muffins look and taste great; very moist! I used chopped dried cranberries instead of raisins which offset any sweetness. This will be my go-to recipe. By the way, the batter will look thick and dry before adding the zucchini...it loosens up and goes into muffin pan nicely. Enjoy!
Jul 25, 2017
Very good! I doubled the recipe for 12 standard muffins and used half whole wheat pastry flour. I was looking for something sweet so added chocolate chips instead of currants. A keeper recipe!
Jul 17, 2017
Delicious!! Made this with zucchini from the farmers market!