Carrot Zucchini Muffins
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
Makesabout 16 muffins
- 1 package carrot cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1-1/2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, applesauce, oil and egg for 30 seconds; beat on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Stir in zucchini, raisins and pecans.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° until a toothpick comes out clean, 25-30 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 214 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 208mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Mar 1, 2018
Really good muffins. The only change I made was to use 3/4 cup oil since I discovered I had no applesauce.
Sep 7, 2017
Great recipe! Note variations in current smaller cake mix size and adjust zucchini amount accordingly. Very versatile recipe, easy change cake mix flavors- spice cake works beautifully as well. Moist, tastes-like-homemade muffins bake perfect every time! As a volunteer feild editor with Taste of Home magazine, I love recipes that can be adapted easily to my family!
Jun 12, 2012
Beware of cake mix size - Betty Crocker is only 15.25 oz so that's 15% less than what you need. I skimped on the rest of the ingredients so as not to end up with an overly moist batter. Definately add grated peel from an orange too - it makes the recipe! We loved them.
Jul 27, 2011
I didn't have any oranges so i omitted the orange zest, but otherwise followed the recipe. Absolutely delicious! The whole family loves them and I love that they have some healthy veggies in there. Perfect to grab for a quick breakfast.