Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
Makesabout 1-1/2 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in yogurt and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in zucchini.
- Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- For frosting, in a small saucepan, combine chocolate chips and peanut butter. Cook and stir over low heat until smooth. Spread over warm brownies. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 307 calories, 17g fat (8g saturated fat), 52mg cholesterol, 283mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 9, 2018
Oh my........ this is a chocolate-a-holic's dream! These brownies are rich and delicious. A bit dry but the icing more than compensates for the dryness. That icing is amazing!!! I will be making these again, for sure!!
Aug 17, 2017
The cake/brownie is very dry. Icing is delicious. Definitely not a brownie. Recipe needs work. To dry
Sep 24, 2016
????? ??? ??????? ???????.????? ?????? ? ?????. ??????? ?? ??????. ???????? ? ?????. ???? ?????? ???.
Aug 25, 2016
Glad I made only one half recipe. We did not like this at all. I will not make this again.
Aug 8, 2016
Would definitely call this a cake. It turned out fine but the peanut butter frosting is just wrong for this! I love pb and chocolate (even ate it as I was scarping it off!) but it was wrong for this cake.
Jul 20, 2016
Turned out cake-like as others state, (I prefer Brownie texture). Frosting is delicious. It was difficult to spread thin enough to cover 13 x 9. Good if you enjoy cake, zucchini is not detected :), and frosting is yummy but should be doubled!
Oct 21, 2015
I definitely agree with the other reviewers, this is much more of a cake consistency than a brownie. However, it is a fantastic cake. The frosting is what makes it different from the usual chocolate zucchini cake. It's simple, but very rich. Perfect mix of sweet and peanuty chocolate goodness!
Aug 12, 2015
I was expecting Brownies and I got cake. I found an after taste of 'soda'. In general it was OK but I have had better cake made with zucchini. I won't be making this again.
Aug 11, 2015
Sep 25, 2014
I've made these several times. More like a snack cake that a brownie, but delicious!