Fudgy Zucchini Brownies
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. In a small bowl, combine the zucchini, sugar and oil; stir into dry ingredients until blended. Stir in walnuts and vanilla.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter; stir in sugar and milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently. Cook and stir 1 minute or until smooth. Remove from the heat. Stir in chips and marshmallows until melted and smooth; add vanilla. Spread over brownies. Sprinkle with walnuts if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 239 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 199mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 7, 2015
Definitely more cakelike, but no matter what you call them, they are delicious. I peeled the zucchini and omitted the nuts.
Aug 4, 2015
Mine turned out pretty cakey, but I will try the recipe again as it was tasty.
Jul 28, 2015
No one can tell there's zucchini in this recipe! Made according to directions except I added chocolate chips to the top because I knew I wouldn't have time to frost them. They are perfect and I wouldn't change a thing. As a volunteer food editor for Taste of Home, I love trying recipes with new ingredients added. Recipe can be easily cut in half, time was only about 5 minutes less.
Oct 24, 2014
Sep 12, 2014
These brownies come out moist and yummy. More cake like than fudgy but very good. No egg needed.
Aug 16, 2014
Very moist but seemed more like a cake than a brownie. Next time I would cut back in the sugar bvecause they were much to sweet for me.
Jul 20, 2013
These are awesome! They are even better the next day after being refrigerated
Jul 19, 2012
these are excellent and most people would never guess there is zucchini in them...kids love them
Jun 30, 2012
Made as is. They were a big hit! Picky kids didn't even notice the zucchini.
May 16, 2011
Egg or no egg, I just finished baking and frosting these and they are very yummy! Really a rather cake-like brownie. I added some mini chocolate chips to mine.