Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt butter and unsweetened chocolate; stir until smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in sugar. Cool for 10 minutes. Whisk in eggs and vanilla. Stir in flour and nuts. Pour into a greased foil-lined 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (do not overbake). Immediately drop marshmallow cream by spoonfuls over hot brownies; spread evenly. Cool on a wire rack.
- Lift out of the pan; remove foil. For web decoration, melt semisweet chocolate in a microwave; stir until smooth. Transfer to a small resealable plastic bag. Cut a small hole in one corner of the bag; drizzle chocolate over top in a spiderweb design. Let set before cutting into bars.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 217 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 73mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Dec 22, 2011
I have made this recipe several times, not only for Halloween. For Easter I sprinkle the top with green coconut & jelly beans, today I am making them for a Christmas party.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.