Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
Makesabout 3 dozen
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped nuts, optional
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a bowl, combine sugar, flour, cocoa, salt and baking powder. Combine oil, eggs, corn syrup and vanilla; add to dry ingredients. Fold in nuts if desired. Spread into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 25-27 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Dust with confectioners' sugar while warm if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 129 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 118mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Aug 23, 2019
I made these brownies for the first time today, quite a simple recipe. Baked them for the time specified, the looked great nice rise on the top. Brownies were not quite done, baked for anther 4 minutes, same temperature. When I took them out, the middle had fallen, still moist, but I would be curious as to what I may have done wrong??????
Dec 15, 2016
I've made these a thousand times my family and Friends always asking me to make them I'm given 6 stars
Feb 23, 2015
The chewiness of these brownies is excellent, but.....where's the chocolate flavor??!! I was wondering when I made them if one third cup of cocoa would make them chocolaty enough, but I went ahead and made the recipe as written. Also, I thought one and a half teaspoons of salt seemed a little excessive, and when I first tasted the finished product, I could taste more salt than I wanted to. I may experiment with the recipe to see if I can improve it to suit our tastes, because the texture of them is so good. We ate scoops of vanilla ice cream on the brownies, and drizzled on chocolate syrup, and that helped. A pretty good recipe, but needs some tweaking.