Simply Fudgy Brownies
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- In a small bowl, combine oil and cocoa until smooth; set aside. In a large bowl, beat sugar and eggs. Stir in vanilla and cocoa mixture. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to chocolate mixture just until moistened. Stir in walnuts.
- Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking pan; sprinkle with chocolate chips. Bake at 325° for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (do not overbake). Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 194 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 31mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 29, 2017
I have been making these brownies forever. I got the recipe in a advertisement for the magazine. It took me a while to become a subscriber but everyone asks for the recipe every time I bring them.
Oct 3, 2011
Like the names says, it is really simple to make. I used sunflower oil, since I never buy canola oil, and I was IN HEAVEN, when I tasted it. It's like out of this world!!!
Dec 16, 2010
it was OKbut it wasnt fudgy at all..is more cake-likenote that i omitted the nutsand baked in a 9inch pan (thats a mistake)
Mar 21, 2010
Very sticky batter. Shiny top. Not TOO fudgy.