Simply Fudgy Brownies
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- In a small bowl, combine oil and cocoa until smooth; set aside. In a large bowl, beat sugar and eggs. Stir in vanilla and cocoa mixture. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to chocolate mixture just until moistened. Stir in walnuts.
- Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking pan; sprinkle with chocolate chips. Bake at 325° for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (do not overbake). Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 194 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 31mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Oct 29, 2017
I have been making these brownies forever. I got the recipe in a advertisement for the magazine. It took me a while to become a subscriber but everyone asks for the recipe every time I bring them.
Oct 3, 2011
Like the names says, it is really simple to make. I used sunflower oil, since I never buy canola oil, and I was IN HEAVEN, when I tasted it. It's like out of this world!!!
Dec 16, 2010
it was OKbut it wasnt fudgy at all..is more cake-likenote that i omitted the nutsand baked in a 9inch pan (thats a mistake)
Mar 21, 2010
Very sticky batter. Shiny top. Not TOO fudgy.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.