Chewy Surprise Cookies
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch
Makesabout 8 dozen
- 1-1/2 cups butter-flavored shortening
- 1-1/2 cups peanut butter
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (10 ounces) Milk Duds
- In a large bowl, cream the shortening, peanut butter, 1-1/2 cups sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Chill for at least 1 hour.
- Shape 4 teaspoons of dough around each Milk Dud so it is completely covered. Roll balls in remaining sugar.
- Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until set. Cool for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks.
Editor's NoteReduced-fat peanut butter is not recommended for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 230 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 147mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 21, 2015
More people need to try this you won't be disappointed, and it's an easy recipe. The cookies are Great, but the Milk Dud is not! They get hard as a rock after the cookie cools. I followed the advice of another reviewer and used 1/2 of a bite size Snickers in each ball of cookie dough. It's truly perfection. This is the 4th Christmas I'll be making these, and it's practically a tradition now. Great recipe using Snickers <3 I use butter instead of shortening and I roll them in the coarse organic sugar. They are perfect, beautiful, and scrumptious!
May 10, 2015
Absolutely delicious. We love these and devoured them all too quickly. I was asked for the recipe by everyone who tried them-and there's no eating just one of these. They are that good!
Nov 9, 2012
I am not sure why my stars didn't show up the first time, but they are 5 star cookies!!
Nov 9, 2012
Jan 3, 2012
Awesomely addicting! These were a big hit!
Oct 23, 2011
The menfolk of our house said they couldn?t find one fault with the cookies after demolishing all cookies straight from the pan) The dough can chill overnight and makes a lot. I actually had to use halved mini snickers for the rest of the batch because there weren?t enough milk duds. Even mini peanut butter cups or other chocolate candies would work. Use your imagination and have fun!!! They are addicting!
May 10, 2011
One of the best cookie recipes ever!!! Will make this again for sure. Yummy!!
Jan 11, 2010
These cookies are GREAT! With or without the Milk Duds. Since they are peanut butter cookies; I wonder what would happen if you put a mini reese's peanut butter cup inside. I may try that. My husband loves EVERY bite of these cookies. Will definitely make again.
Nov 6, 2009
This is the most awesome cookie recipe. I took these to a friends house for dessert and the whole tupperware was dovoured.