Chewy Pecan Cookies
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie or apple pie spice
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 cups raisins
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars. Beat in the eggs, milk and vanilla. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and pie spice; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the oats, raisins and nuts; mix well.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 199 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 161mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Dec 2, 2013
kathidahl, the yield is 5-6 dozen and the servings are 30-36 so that equals two cookies per serving.I haven't tried these yet, but plan to for this Christmas.
Sep 21, 2013
The recipe says 5-6 dozen, the yield 30-36...what do these mean??
Apr 27, 2013
Looking to use up some quick cooking oats I had on hand - this fit the bill - cut recipe in half - used craisins and walnuts - delish.
Sep 22, 2011
If you need something to get you in the mood for Autumn, try these wonderful, moist & flavorable cookies! A five star recipe!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.