Chewy Pecan Cookies
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie or apple pie spice
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 cups raisins
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars. Beat in the eggs, milk and vanilla. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and pie spice; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the oats, raisins and nuts; mix well.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 199 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 161mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 2, 2013
kathidahl, the yield is 5-6 dozen and the servings are 30-36 so that equals two cookies per serving.I haven't tried these yet, but plan to for this Christmas.
Sep 21, 2013
The recipe says 5-6 dozen, the yield 30-36...what do these mean??
Apr 27, 2013
Looking to use up some quick cooking oats I had on hand - this fit the bill - cut recipe in half - used craisins and walnuts - delish.
Sep 22, 2011
If you need something to get you in the mood for Autumn, try these wonderful, moist & flavorable cookies! A five star recipe!