Walnut Fudgy Brownies
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil, divided
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a bowl, combine the sugar, cocoa and baking soda. Add 1/3 cup oil and water; beat until smooth. Beat in the flour, vanilla, salt, eggs and remaining oil. Stir in walnuts
- Spread into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 63 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 19mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 19, 2013
This is my go to recipe for brownies. It's simple and they come out delicious. Contains ingredients that most people have on hand.
Dec 4, 2010
These brownies come out more cake-like. They seem to need a frosting to give them any kind of taste. As one other reviewer said, these are TASTELESS. I won't be making them again. And, it honestly makes me wonder how some recipes make it on this site!
Jun 27, 2010
Chewy, but flavorless. My son was diagnosed with a corn allergy, so I have been looking for some yummy dessert recipes to entice him to eat dinner and try new things. I won't be making these again. They were easy to make and have a nice texture, just NO flavor!
May 21, 2010
# 1 recipe for homemade brownies. I have made this recipe perhaps more than any other. I know I can rely on it every time, and the brownies never last for very long. The recipe goes together quick and easily, and turns out wonderfully every time. They are fine as they are, but are also delicious with cream cheese frosting. (I would also try white or chocolate frosting, as well.) This recipe could lend itself to many variations with great results.