Snow Flurry Brownies
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vanilla or white chips
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts or almonds
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; add to sugar mixture until well blended. Stir in vanilla chips and nuts.
- Spread into a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs (do not overbake). Cool on a wire rack. Cut into diamond shapes if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 187 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 157mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Oct 4, 2017
I remember when this recipe came out in the magazine. It was a brownie special issue. This was the first recipe I tried for the brownies from that issue which I still have. It was delicious then and it is now. It is so easy to quickly whip together and tastes great. Just as the recipe says don't over bake. I leave out the nuts and add chocolate chips instead with the white ones. Surprised this recipe doesn't have more reviews.
Jan 16, 2012
These are wonderful and I'm not a brownie fan. I substituted Andes peppermint baking chips in place of white chocolate chips and everyone loved them!
Nov 26, 2011
added 1/2 c. of coconut instead of chocolate chips...Wonderful!