Fudgy Saucepan Brownies
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a microwave, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. Cool. Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in the eggs, sugar, flour, nuts, baking powder and vanilla.
- Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 16-20 minutes or until top is set. Cool on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 213 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 105mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Apr 11, 2016
Yum! I was craving for something chocolate and was searching for an easy recipe to make. This is a quick and simple recipe. The brownies were fudgy and yummy. Tasted delicious with a cold glass of milk. Thank you for sharing.
Aug 1, 2013
This is my go-to brownie recipe. It is so easy, and it turns out great every time. Rather than using the microwave, I sometimes actually just melt the butter and chocolate in a saucepan on the stove and go from there with the recipe.
Oct 31, 2011
These were better than I thought they would be! I was looking for a way to used up 2 random squares of unsweetened chocolate I had in my pantry and this did the trick!~ Theresa