Fudgy Saucepan Brownies
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a microwave, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. Cool. Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in the eggs, sugar, flour, nuts, baking powder and vanilla.
- Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 16-20 minutes or until top is set. Cool on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 213 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 105mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 11, 2016
Yum! I was craving for something chocolate and was searching for an easy recipe to make. This is a quick and simple recipe. The brownies were fudgy and yummy. Tasted delicious with a cold glass of milk. Thank you for sharing.
Aug 1, 2013
This is my go-to brownie recipe. It is so easy, and it turns out great every time. Rather than using the microwave, I sometimes actually just melt the butter and chocolate in a saucepan on the stove and go from there with the recipe.
Oct 31, 2011
These were better than I thought they would be! I was looking for a way to used up 2 random squares of unsweetened chocolate I had in my pantry and this did the trick!~ Theresa