Walnut Zucchini Muffins
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, whisk the first six ingredients. In another bowl, whisk eggs, milk and melted butter until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Fold in zucchini, walnuts and raisins.
- Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Freeze option: Freeze cooled muffins in resealable plastic freezer bags. To use, thaw at room temperature or, if desired, microwave each muffin on high for 20-30 seconds or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 muffin: 281 calories, 15g fat (6g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 250mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Sep 11, 2017
I so agree with andreasmon2u. If you don't baked the muffins as listed in the recipe, PLEASE DO NOT WRITE A REVIEW. I have not tried these muffins but I love anything zucchini so as soon as the weather permits (Hurricane Irma), I will be going to the grocery store to purchase my ingredients so that I can try these muffins.
Sep 10, 2017
Delowenstein, you're WAY off base. You changed this recipe so substantially that what you baked in no way resembled the recipe as written. You have no right to critique it, because YOU NEVER EVEN TRIED THIS RECIPE!
Jan 14, 2017
Muffins are tasty. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
Aug 21, 2016
Tasty muffins but a little dry. I agree with another comment that there are other recipes my family prefer over this one.
Aug 17, 2016
These turned out good. Our family didn't care for them as much as a couple other recipes I use for zucchini muffins.
Aug 15, 2016
Can I substitute Splenda and a little molasses for the brown sugar? I am diabetic and need to cut carbs. I will use white whole wheat flour. I know they won't be the same but at least I can eat them knowing I'm getting more fiber and fewer carbs.
Feb 15, 2016
I left out the walnuts and raisons, didn't feel like I wanted those in the muffins this time around. I added chocolate chips instead. These muffins are fantastic.
Aug 24, 2015
I replaced the whole wheat flour with additional all-purpose flour and substituted dried cranberries for the raisins. Good breakfast muffin...nice flavor combination, not too sweet!
Aug 17, 2015
@delowenstein you completely changed the recipe and then stated that baking time was off. I made these wonderful tasting muffins (so moist and good) and followed the recipe to a tee (except cut back a tad on the sugar. The baking time was right on if you follow the recipe. Thanks for a great tasting muffin.
Aug 16, 2015
Easy, moist and delicious. I substituted coconut oil for the butter.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.