Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup chopped fresh broccoli, blanched
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, combine flour, oats, sugar, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, mix milk, oil and egg; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in broccoli and cheese.
- Spoon into greased or paper-lined muffin cups. Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 181 calories, 8g fat (0 saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 129mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Dec 31, 2013
very good muffins, loved tham on the firest bite
May 22, 2008
no flavor except a hint of sweet? Very nice texture and appearance so I'll try them again with the addition of some cayenne, mustard and perhaps ground pepper.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.