Carrot Bran Muffins
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup wheat bran
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1-1/2 cups grated carrots
- 1 cup raisins
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Combine the eggs, buttermilk, oil and molasses; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in carrots and raisins.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 252 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 231mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Jun 18, 2019
Really good. I used half whole wheat and half white flour, next time will use all whole wheat, not too heavy at all. Thanks!
Mar 29, 2018
Really great muffin that is not too sweet and incredibly moist. When I make again I am going to try adding 1/4 tsp each nutmeg and allspice to add a bit more spice flavour. Would also love to add some whole wheat flour instead of allpurpose just to make it a bit more healthy. Thanks to the TOH kitchen staff for finding this recipe.
Jan 7, 2015
These are a great muffin when you don't want something overlywhelmingly sweet. They turned out really good, suprisingly moist and I loved the raisins in them. I had to substitute oat bran for wheat bran, because I didn't have any, and the muffins came out great and they freeze well too!
May 12, 2014
These were nice and moist but seemed to lack a little flavor.
Jan 8, 2013
Great taste with low calories & fat. Just what I'm looking for!
Apr 5, 2012
These muffins are super tasty and moist. I overbaked them the first time and they were still good.