Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1-2/3 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 2/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 tablespoon orange marmalade
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine flours, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add remaining ingredients; stir just until moistened (batter may be lumpy). Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until top of muffin springs back when lightly touched.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 241 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 199mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 27, 2014
These muffins did not turn out looking like the picture, so not an attractive appearance in my opinion. Flavor is good, texture is average. If I made them again I would add a crump topping to make them more appealing.
Jun 27, 2011
I have made these many times over the years. The first time I made them I didn't have any walnuts, marmalade or orange extract, so I omitted them. The muffins were still delicious, and I've made them the same way ever since