Jumbo Zucchini Chip Muffins
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- MASCARPONE FROSTING:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup Mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl, combine the eggs, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in zucchini, chips and walnuts.
- Fill paper-lined jumbo muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, cream cheese and Mascarpone cheese until fluffy. Add confectioners’ sugar and vanilla; beat until smooth. Pipe a dollop of frosting onto each muffin. Sprinkle with walnuts.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 726 calories, 46g fat (15g saturated fat), 103mg cholesterol, 439mg sodium, 71g carbohydrate (43g sugars, 3g fiber), 11g protein.
Feb 3, 2016
I made only 6 because i wanted to be jumbo. A little thick but was ok . Baking them now they should be ok. Cant wait to try one
Jul 10, 2014
I used semi-sweet chips and also made 24 muffins instead of 12 (baked for about 25 minutes). I thought the mixture seemed dry, too; but they turned out great.
Aug 14, 2013
I was a little concerned when the batter was so dry so I added coconut for moisture. They came out quite "heavy" looking, but after I tried one, it was yummy, moist and not dry, so I would definitely add the coconut again or maybe even a little applesauce next time. They are very filling, but nonetheless very tasty.
Nov 1, 2012
Have made many times using nuts and coconut ,always a great sucess Thank yoi=u.
Sep 24, 2012
I had many compliments on these. I thought they were good, but a little dry.
Sep 7, 2012
Very good, made smaller size and used coconut instead of chocolate chips.
Jun 29, 2012
Very delicious, filling muffin. Made it without the frosting and it was still very tasty. I think the frosting would make it too rich. Also made 24 muffins instead of 12.
Apr 5, 2011
YUM! My husband said this was the best thing I had ever made. I made 24 smaller muffins (20-25 min). I would add just a little less cinnamon and zucchini next time, just a little.