Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
Makesabout 1-1/2 dozen
- 3 large eggs
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1-1/2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Beat first five ingredients. Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to egg mixture and blend well. Stir in zucchini.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 20-25 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
- For frosting, combine brown sugar, butter and milk in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Cool to lukewarm.
- Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until frosting reaches spreading consistency. Frost cupcakes.
Nutrition Facts1 cupcake: 327 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 305mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
May 14, 2018
May 13, 2018
These cupcakes were great
Apr 9, 2018
I made these last summer when zucchini was in adbundance. Did make one change - used lemon juice and zest instead of the orange juice. Lot of leftover frosting - but why am I complaining? Delicious.
Dec 23, 2017
Made these for Christmas! I love these!!! The icing is super easy and comes right out of the pan without sticking to it at all. I put it in a ziplock bag and cut off the corner and wala! Perfect!
Jul 17, 2017
These cupcakes are absolutely delicious! We always have so much zucchini in the summer, this is a keeper, I made the recipe as stated, just doubled it, and still feel like there aren't enough to go around. :)
Dec 3, 2016
> I totally loved these cute cupcakes... but I turned them n2 holiday breads - I used the zucchini, crushed pineapple, raisins & either chopped walnuts or pecans (salted) - WOW - they were so good - I made 35 and all of them got sold at the Christmas craft festival this year! I will make these again... both as cupcakes and breads!
Oct 8, 2016
Since we had many zucchini squash in our garden this year, I used some to try this recipe.I wasn't sorry I did, they are delicious!
Sep 24, 2016
Great Frosting to use on other cupcakes and cakes
Sep 18, 2016
These cupcakes are excellent! Batter made 22 cupcakes instead of 1 1/2 doz. Only change I made was added 1/2 cup raisins to batter at end. I almost increased the frosting ingredients slightly.
Sep 12, 2016
The icing was the best part of these!!! The cupcakes themselves were quite delicious but the icing definitely topped these off.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.