Yummy Zucchini Coffee Cake
The first time I made this, I gave some to my daughter, who hates zucchini, and she said it was the best thing I ever made! It has been an excellent and wholesome way to use up all of the zucchini from my garden. If using thawed shredded zucchini, make sure to drain very well. —Tammy Kirsch, Arcade, New York
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2-1/2 cups shredded zucchini (about 2 medium)
- Confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Coat a 10-in. fluted tube pan with cooking spray; dust lightly with flour, tapping out excess.
- Mix first five ingredients with a fork until crumbly. Sprinkle onto bottom of prepared pan.
- For batter, mix oats, flours, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, salt and nutmeg. In another bowl, beat butter and brown sugar until crumbly; beat in vanilla and eggs, one at a time. Add oat mixture alternately with sour cream, beating well (batter will be thick). Fold in zucchini. Pour over crumb mixture.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 35-40 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature; dust with confectioners' sugar before serving.