Crispy Potato Pancakes
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Canola oil
- Finely grate potatoes; drain any liquid. Place potatoes in a large bowl. Add egg, onion, flour, salt, pepper and garlic powder; mix well.
- In a large skillet, heat 1/8 in. of oil over medium heat. Drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls; press lightly to flatten. Fry until golden brown on both sides. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 187 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 106mg cholesterol, 627mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.
Nov 17, 2017
Very good. I additionally added some green onion, parsley and one with sour cream. Don't overcook them; the taste easily changes.
Oct 5, 2014
Tasty and easy.
Feb 3, 2013
i love potato pancakes, the problem is the recipes are so large. this on is just perfect. It cooks up nice and crisp and I don't have to make a ton of pancakes. It's perfect for just two people. It's is good good, I'm going to make it again and again.
Jun 12, 2010
quick and easy. Lots of compliments.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.