Crispy Mashed Potato Cakes
I love finding ways to use holiday leftovers. These potato cakes use the mashed potatoes, stuffing and breadcrumbs. To go all out, add meat and cheese. —Jeri Psikal, Norman, Oklahoma
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 35 min.
Makesabout 1-1/2 dozen
- 3 cups mashed potatoes (with added milk and butter)
- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1 cup cooked stuffing
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup French-fried onions, crushed
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- In a large bowl, mix potatoes, baking mix, stuffing and eggs until blended. Refrigerate, covered, 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a shallow bowl, mix onions and bread crumbs. Shape 1/4 cupfuls of the potato mixture into 3/4-in.-thick patties. Dip patties in crumb mixture, patting to help coating adhere.
- Transfer to two greased 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Bake 35-40 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Originally published as Left-over Potato Cakes in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2015