Oatmeal Pancakes for Two
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a bowl, combine the oats, flour, baking soda and sugar. Combine the egg, buttermilk and butter; stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour batter by 1/3 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle. Turn when bubbles form on top; cook until second side is golden brown.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 471 calories, 23g fat (12g saturated fat), 157mg cholesterol, 650mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 4g fiber), 15g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 14, 2017
Delicious! Used applesauce instead of butter and exchanged half the flour with whole wheat flour. Super filling and yummy! Will definitely make again!
Jun 24, 2017
Very good! This will be my pancake recipe from now on. One recipe was not going to make enough for all of us, so I made 1-1/2 times the recipe. It worked well, and the pancakes were delicious. Thanks for the recipe.
Jul 17, 2014
Feb 15, 2014
A very tasty pancake, very hearty. I used KAF white whole wheat flour. Turned out great. We liked the texture. Will make again.
Jan 12, 2012
Nice change from the every day pancake recipe. I did add a little more flour to mine (about 1/4 cup), they weren't setting up all the way. Maybe because I used whole wheat flour? Very good recipe though, will definitely make again!
Jul 28, 2011
This recipe is almost identical to one that my mom makes except the yield is smaller. They have a nice chewy texture from the oatmeal and go great with all kinds of fruit syrups.