- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 tablespoons toasted wheat germ
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch ground cinnamon
- 1-2/3 cups 2% milk
- 1 large egg, room temperature, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Optional: semisweet chocolate chips, raisins, sugared cranberries, pumpkin seeds, whipped cream, butter, maple syrup, or additional ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine flour, oats, wheat germ, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. In a small bowl, whisk milk, egg, pumpkin and oil; stir into dry ingredients just moistened.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot greased griddle; turn when bubbles form on top of pancakes. Cook until second side is golden brown. Top as desired.
2 pancakes: 274 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 435mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 9g protein.