Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sifted cake flour
- 1-1/2 cups whole milk
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 large eggs, well beaten
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-2/3 cups water
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 8 ounces frozen blueberries
- 8 ounces frozen raspberries
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Preheat waffle maker. Mix first seven ingredients in order just until smooth. Bake waffles according to manufacturer’s directions until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, for topping, combine water, sugar, cornstarch, corn syrup in a small saucepan over medium heat until thickened. Remove from heat; cool. Stir in berries. Serve warm over waffles; if desired, add vanilla ice cream.
Test Kitchen Tip
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 382 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 268mg sodium, 65g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Oct 2, 2011
This is my new favorite waffle recipe. It is very simple to make and my kids love them.
Dec 20, 2010
These were very good. A nice vanilla flavor, and a cake-like texture. I didn't make the topping either.
Jan 3, 2010
This is the best recipe I have found for waffles. They were crispy on the outside and cake like on the inside. They actually had a delicous flavor without any topping. I only made the waffles not the topping. They have been added to my favorite recipe file.
Aug 17, 2008
I made just the waffles for breakfast this morning & they were good enough but not the best I've had.