Blueberry Oat Waffles
"I truly enjoy recipes that make enough for the two of us, like this one for yummy waffles," shares Ruth Andrewson of Leavenworth, Washington. "Instead of blueberries, you can slice ripe strawberries on top-or use the batter to make pancakes."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup ground pecans
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Chopped pecans, maple syrup and butter, optional
- In a bowl, combine flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, combine egg, milk, oil and lemon juice; stir into dry ingredients just until combined. Fold in pecans and blueberries. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown. If desired, top with additional blueberries and chopped pecans and server with maple syrup and butter.