Soul-Satisfying Oatmeal Waffles
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 packets instant maple and brown sugar or apple cinnamon oatmeal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- Maple syrup
- In a large bowl, mix the first six ingredients. In another bowl, whisk the milk, eggs and butter. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in pecans.
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown. Serve with syrup.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 13, 2016
Since I don't usually purchase the oatmeal packages, I just used 1 cup old fashioned oats with 2 2T. Brown sugar. I also upped the cinnamon because we love cinnamon. WONDERFUL. I will definitely be making these again and again. My husband liked them because they had substance.
Jul 23, 2012
My family loved these and they were quick and easy to prepare. The instant oatmeal packets are a unique twist! The only thing I did different was I left out the nuts. Would definitely make these again!
Jul 19, 2012
Used the suggested 1/2 cup pumpkin instead of one of the 1/2 cups of milk - yielded a nice flavor balance to the chopped pecans. We didn't have any instant oatmeal packets so I substituted 1 cup old fashioned oats and 1 Tbsp brown sugar for the 2 packets the recipe calls for. The batter was pretty thick with the pumpkin and old fashioned oats, but it cooked nicely in the waffle iron when spread out before closing the lid. The kitchen smelled really nice with the cinnamon cooking. Overall, a nice waffle recipe that our two year old loved.