Family-Favorite Oatmeal Waffles
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups whole milk
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Assorted fresh fruit and yogurt of your choice
- In a large bowl, combine flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon and salt; set aside. In a small bowl, whisk eggs, milk, butter and brown sugar. Add to flour mixture; stir until blended.
- Pour batter into a lightly greased waffle maker (amount will vary with size of waffle maker). Close lid quickly. Bake according to manufacturer's directions; do not open during baking. Use fork to remove baked waffle. Top with fresh fruit and yogurt.
Nutrition Facts1 waffle: 344 calories, 16g fat (9g saturated fat), 99mg cholesterol, 482mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 16, 2019
Lacked flavor. Even after adding vanilla and more cinnamon and honey like some below suggested. Really not a good waffle recipe. Save yourself the ingredients and time and try another waffle recipe.
Jan 13, 2018
This lacked flavor and was very dense and heavy. Adding some flavoring like vanilla and maybe nutmeg & malted milk powder may give some additional flavor to these very bland waffles. Buttermilk would add another dimension to flavor & tenderness. I might try the suggestion I just wrote but what to do about the heaviness and being dense I'll have to think how to make them lighter.
Dec 14, 2017
We did not care for these. They seemed very heavy and dense and lacked any flavor. Won't be making them again.
Aug 27, 2017
These tasted more like a pancake than a waffle. The did taste quite good, though.
Jul 22, 2017
Very good and easy to make.
Jun 15, 2016
Delicious!! I eliminated the cinnamon and brown sugar and substituted 2 Tablespoons white sugar. I warmed the milk and melted butter (marg) in micro then added the slightly beaten eggs and warm milk mixture to flour mixture.Topped with fresh sliced strawberries, raspberries and blueberries., warm maple syrup and a dollop of coconut nondairy cool whip . Just yummy!!!
May 8, 2016
These turned out a bit dense. Only okay, not a favourite for my family.
Apr 18, 2015
just made these and added blue berrys to the mix. all I can say is yummy.
Jan 24, 2015
Made as is. Really like it.
Jan 15, 2015
These were Delicious and easy to make. I will definitely be using this recipe a lot.