Family-Favorite Oatmeal Waffles
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, room temperature, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups whole milk
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Assorted fresh fruit and yogurt of your choice
- In a large bowl, combine flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon and salt; set aside. In a small bowl, whisk eggs, milk, butter and brown sugar. Add to flour mixture; stir until blended.
- Pour batter into a lightly greased waffle iron (amount will vary with size of waffle iron). Close lid quickly. Bake according to manufacturer's directions; do not open during baking. Use fork to remove baked waffle. Top with fresh fruit and yogurt.
Nutrition Facts1 waffle: 344 calories, 16g fat (9g saturated fat), 99mg cholesterol, 482mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein.
Nov 16, 2019
We didn't tweek this at all! Actually, only added a 1/4 tsp of vanilla. Amazing! Definitely a family favorite. We topped with chobani vanilla yogurt and mango-peach jam. Of course maple syrup was available.
Oct 26, 2019
Can I give ten stars? I made these exactly as directed except I cut the recipe in half. These are absolutely the best waffles I've ever had! Crispy yet moist inside, lots of flavor and best of all they are much lower in sodium than baking mixes. I just had butter on mine, hubby went for the butter and syrup.
Jul 30, 2019
These always bake up light and fluffy. They have become my favorite waffles. I usually add vanilla or almond flavoring just for fun. Even my granddaughter loves them. And it doesn't matter what we put on top.
Apr 14, 2019
This is an excellent waffle recipe. Personally, I did not want the cinnamon, brown sugar flavor so I omitted both and substituted 1TBLS white sugar. I like to warm the milk when making pancakes and waffles and I added 1 TBLS black chia seeds to flour mixture as I like the added nutrition!! Put cut up fresh fruit top with maple syrup and So Delicious coconut “cool whip”!!! Yummy!!!
Jan 16, 2019
Lacked flavor. Even after adding vanilla and more cinnamon and honey like some below suggested. Really not a good waffle recipe. Save yourself the ingredients and time and try another waffle recipe.
Jan 13, 2018
This lacked flavor and was very dense and heavy. Adding some flavoring like vanilla and maybe nutmeg & malted milk powder may give some additional flavor to these very bland waffles. Buttermilk would add another dimension to flavor & tenderness. I might try the suggestion I just wrote but what to do about the heaviness and being dense I'll have to think how to make them lighter.
Dec 14, 2017
We did not care for these. They seemed very heavy and dense and lacked any flavor. Won't be making them again.
Aug 27, 2017
These tasted more like a pancake than a waffle. The did taste quite good, though.
Jul 22, 2017
Very good and easy to make.
May 8, 2016
These turned out a bit dense. Only okay, not a favourite for my family.