Buttermilk Pumpkin Waffles
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 5 min./batch
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup fresh or canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Butter and maple syrup, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, buttermilk, pumpkin and melted butter. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions until golden brown. Serve with butter and syrup if desired. Freeze option: Cool waffles on wire racks. Freeze between layers of waxed paper in a resealable plastic freezer bag. To use, reheat waffles in a toaster on medium setting. Or, microwave each waffle on high for 30-60 seconds or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts2 waffles (calculated without butter and syrup): 194 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 83mg cholesterol, 325mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 18, 2018
YUM! I don't know what I liked better - the taste or the aroma! Crazy good!
Oct 11, 2017
Delicious! Perfect for fall!
Nov 5, 2016
Made these this morning. Delicious. I froze the remainder for a quick breakfast during the week.
Sep 27, 2015
Great recipe! I am not a big pumpkin fan, but I enjoyed these tremendously. I added an extra tablespoon of pumpkin, and cooked these on a regular waffle maker. I cooked them a little longer to give them a nice toasty look on the outside. They were great paired with a butter maple syrup. Next time I may roast some walnuts and add them on top.
Feb 23, 2015
I think this is my new favorite pumpkin waffle recipe. They don't keep their shape as well as some waffles, but certainly better than others. They have good pumpkin flavor, and they freeze well for coming mornings.
Oct 16, 2014
It was a great waffle recipe. I like being able to make waffles without having to beat the egg whites. I served it with a apple juice syrup. This will be part of my recipes to make every fall.
Aug 17, 2014
I thought these waffles tasted great. They were a little dry and not as crisp as I would have liked, but I solved that problem by making one batch at one time and keeping them hot in my toaster oven. That crisped them up a bit. The crisp problem may have been my waffle iron, but I have noticed that when using whole wheat flour things are just not as crisp. Of course that will not stop me from making them again! I added a little Splenda too just to make them a little sweeter. :)
Jun 11, 2014
Delicious, I will make these often
May 10, 2014
These were great, although I wish they had a bit more pumpkin flavor to them.
Mar 26, 2014
So yummy and spicy and easy. My son and I loved them!