Pumpkin Waffles with Orange Walnut Butter
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Maple syrup
- Preheat waffle maker. Mix softened butter and orange zest; stir in walnuts.
- Whisk together first six waffle ingredients. In another bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, pumpkin and melted butter; add to dry ingredients. Stir just until moistened.
- Cook waffles according to manufacturer’s directions until golden brown. Serve with butter mixture and syrup.
Nutrition Facts2 waffles (4-in.) with 2 tablespoons walnut butter: 536 calories, 38g fat (20g saturated fat), 174mg cholesterol, 731mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 3g fiber), 11g protein.
Oct 8, 2016
Followed recipe exactly as posted and flavor was just bland! Wouldn't make again....
Sep 22, 2012
I used pumpkin spice instead of cinnamon. They turned out pretty good. I like Rachel Ray's recipe better.http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/rachael-ray/gingerbread-waffles-recipe/index.html
Apr 24, 2012
I replaced the brown sugar with honey and added that to the wet ingredients along with a teaspoon of vanilla extract. I did half all-purpose flour and half whole wheat flour. The flavor was great. I had trouble with the waffles burning, but I have had waffles with whole wheat flour burn previously so I don't think it was this recipe.
May 27, 2011
This was my first try with homemade waffle mix, and it went wonderfully! My two-year-old daughter loved them so much that two days later I made them again, substituting applesauce for the pumpkin for a bit of a change. I know we'll be making them again!
Dec 19, 2010
The combination of the pumpkin, orange walnut butter and maple syrup really made this dish pop! I've made it twice now, and it's delicious!
Mar 14, 2009
These are amazing, even without the orange walnut butter. They freeze well too, so plan to make extras.
Jan 14, 2009
These are good. I made extra and froze them for future breakfasts.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.