- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- Optional: Sliced fresh strawberries, strawberry syrup and whipped cream
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, beat the eggs; add buttermilk and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until combined.
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown. If desired, serve with sliced fresh strawberries, syrup and whipped cream.
2 waffles: 223 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 435mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.