Buttermilk Pecan Waffles
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makes7 waffles (about 8 inches each)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs until light. Add buttermilk; mix well. Add dry ingredients and beat until batter is smooth. Stir in butter.
- Pour about 3/4 cup batter onto a lightly greased preheated waffle iron. Sprinkle with a few pecans. Bake according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown. Repeat with remaining batter and pecans.
Nutrition Facts1 waffle: 337 calories, 19g fat (10g saturated fat), 159mg cholesterol, 762mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 10g protein.
Aug 26, 2015
This is my go-to recipe every time! So tender. Thank you for sharing this recipe.
Dec 31, 2014
These were delicious! I added some coconut with the pecans.
Feb 26, 2011
I made these this morning and my wife and I both thought they were delicious! Light, yet filling and full of flavor. I veganized the recipe, using Earth Balance instead of butter, soy milk and apple cider vinegar instead of buttermilk, and ground flax seed mixed with water for the binder.