Buttermilk Pecan Waffles
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makes7 waffles (about 8 inches each)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs until light. Add buttermilk; mix well. Add dry ingredients and beat until batter is smooth. Stir in butter.
- Pour about 3/4 cup batter onto a lightly greased preheated waffle maker. Sprinkle with a few pecans. Bake according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown. Repeat with remaining batter and pecans.
Nutrition Facts1 waffle: 337 calories, 19g fat (10g saturated fat), 159mg cholesterol, 762mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 10g protein.
Jan 21, 2020
We had these waffles tonight and they are delicious. I only subbed sour milk for the buttermilk otherwise I made no changes to the recipe. I highly recommend this recipe. Delicious!! Volunteer Field Editor
Aug 26, 2015
This is my go-to recipe every time! So tender. Thank you for sharing this recipe.
Dec 31, 2014
These were delicious! I added some coconut with the pecans.
Feb 26, 2011
I made these this morning and my wife and I both thought they were delicious! Light, yet filling and full of flavor. I veganized the recipe, using Earth Balance instead of butter, soy milk and apple cider vinegar instead of buttermilk, and ground flax seed mixed with water for the binder.