Total TimePrep: 20 min. + cooling Bake: 1 hour + chilling
- 2-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 40 squares)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- In a small bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, sugar and cinnamon; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom and 2 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Bake at 350° for 5 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Reduce heat to 325°.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Add egg yolks; beat on low just until combined.
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form; fold into cream cheese mixture. Pour over crust.
- Bake for 1 hour or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate until completely cooled.
- Combine the sour cream, sugar and vanilla; fold in whipped cream. Spread over cheesecake. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 414 calories, 23g fat (13g saturated fat), 132mg cholesterol, 269mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Dec 16, 2017
I've been making this cheesecake for years and it's been beloved by all who've tried it!However, one part of the recipe needs to be adjusted. Over time, the size of store-bought graham crackers have shrunk (by about 13% according to my math), so you'll need approximately 45.5 squares (or 22.75 full, rectangular crackers) to make the required 2.5 cups of graham cracker crumbs. This measurement is accurate for the regular 14.4-ounce packages of graham crackers.After the crumbs are made, you'll be left with 4.25 crackers to snack on while you (and any tiny humans) bake.
Nov 27, 2017
This was my first time making a cheesecake & I made this for my husbands' birthday!! He loved it!! I will make this again..thank for a wonderful recipe
Nov 22, 2017
I cannot rate his recipe yet. I don’t know how much sugar to put in the filling. It says 1-1/2 cups of sugar. I don’t know what that means. Does it mean one to a half cup ? Or does it mean one and a half cups ? I blended my cream cheese with one and a half cups of sugar. I tasted it. It is overly sweet. I am going to have to throw three packages of cream cheese away now. Can someone please tell me the proper amount of sugar to go in the filling? My guess is that should be One cup.I added an extra package of cream cheese to balance the sweetness. The cake is done and it is not cracked. We will see how it tastes. I have never ever put1 1/2 cups of sugar in a cheesecake recipe in my entire life. I also didn’t need that money gram cracker crumbs. I think they should omit at least a half a cup. I’m using the remaining graham cracker crumbs to make cookie bars.
Nov 16, 2017
this is by far the best cheese cake recipe.
Nov 1, 2017
This is by far the best tasting basic cheesecake recipe I've ever tasted. To me it's the texture that really sets it apart-- lighter, not so dense. So simple to make that you think it will be bland but the flavor is perfect! I would imagine that it would be very easy to customize with different add-ins as well. Even my no cheesecake people loved it! :)
Aug 3, 2017
My cheese cake has cracked too much. Plz can smone tell me how to prevent this. TIA
Feb 23, 2017
Great basic cheesecake recipe. You can add chocolate chips, brownie pieces or fruit to this recipe to bump it up to the next level. Of course, add some fruit and whipped cream to the top to make an elegant dessert!
Nov 11, 2016
To answer Jenette1 question - I would say- To set the crust. It will hold together much better if you do this.
Oct 18, 2016
Why does it say to bake for 5 minutes?
Sep 5, 2016
I have been making this recipe for at least 15 years, and have given away many many copies of it. It's our go-to favorite cheesecake
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.