Orange Pear Jam
Full of fruity flavor, this delightful jam is a great toast topper. Delores Ward of Decatur, Indiana came up with the recipe when a neighbor gave her an armload of pears. "Everyone really likes it," says Delores.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 20 min. + standing
Makesabout 7 cups
- 7 cups sugar
- 5 cups chopped peeled fresh pears
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) orange gelatin
- In a Dutch oven, combine sugar, pears, pineapple and lemon juice. Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; simmer 15 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved.
- Pour into jars or containers; cool to room temperature, about 1 hour. Cover and let stand overnight or until set, but no longer than 24 hours. Refrigerate up to 3 weeks.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 119 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 7mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Originally published as Orange Pear Jam in Country Woman July/August 2003
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.