Apricot Amaretto Jam
This thick, chunky apricot jam was my grandma's recipe; it's lovely to make something for my family and friends that she made for hers! —Linda Wegner, Robinson, Illinois
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Process: 10 min.
- 4-1/4 cups crushed peeled apricots, (about 2-1/2 pounds)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 6-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- 1/2 teaspoon unsalted butter, optional
- 1/3 cup amaretto
- In a Dutch oven, combine apricots and lemon juice. In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup sugar and pectin; stir into apricot mixture. If desired, add butter. Bring to a full rolling boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Gradually stir in remaining sugar. Return to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat; stir in amaretto. Cool jam in Dutch oven for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Ladle hot mixture into eight hot sterilized half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight.
- Place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring that they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process for 10 minutes. Remove jars and cool.
Editor's Note: The processing time listed is for altitudes of 1,000 feet or less. Add 1 minute to the processing time for each 1,000 feet of additional altitude.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 86 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 0 sodium, 21g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Originally published as Apricot Amaretto Jam in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2018
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.