Blushing Peach Jam
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Process: 5 min.
- 2 cups crushed peeled peaches
- 2 cups red raspberries, crushed
- 1/4 cup bottled lemon juice
- 7 cups sugar
- 2 pouches (3 ounces each) liquid fruit pectin
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- In a Dutch oven, combine the peaches, raspberries and lemon juice. Stir in sugar. Bring to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly. Stir in pectin; return to a full rolling boil. Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat; skim off foam. Add extract. Carefully ladle hot mixture into hot sterilized pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Wipe rims and adjust lids. Process for 5 minutes in a boiling-water canner.
Editor's NoteThe processing time listed is for altitudes of 1,000 feet or less. Add 1 minute to the processing time for each 1,000 feet of additional altitude.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 89 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 0 sodium, 23g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Jul 26, 2019
I made with regular sure jell and turned out great. Loved the peach berry flavor!
May 22, 2015
This was my first experience making jam and I loved it!! My mother and in-laws ask for it all the time now!
May 3, 2013
wonderful combination of flavors. you can't buy cool flavors like this at the store!
Jul 8, 2012
I mixed in some black berries when I was a little short on raspberries. O....m....g.... I thought I'd died and gone to heaven!