Bourbon Peach Jam
Bourbon has been popular at our house since we visited Kentucky’s Bourbon Trail a few years ago. This jam reminds me of that fun trip with every bite. —Katie Ferrier Gage, Houston, Texas
Total TimePrep: 70 min. Process: 10 min.
- 4 cups finely chopped peeled fresh peaches (about 6 medium)
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons bourbon or 3 teaspoons vanilla or bourbon extract
- In a large saucepan, combine peaches, sugars and lemon juice; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until mixture is thick and a thermometer reads 220°, about 60 minutes. Remove from heat; skim off foam. Stir in bourbon.
- Ladle hot mixture into 3 hot half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles and adjust headspace, if necessary, by adding hot mixture. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight.
- Place jars in canner, ensuring that they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process for 10 minutes. Remove jars and cool.
Test Kitchen tip
This is a loose jam, thicker than a syrup but thinner than the average spread. It's delicious with cream cheese as an appetizer or poured over ice cream.
Editor's NoteThe processing time listed is for altitudes of 1,000 feet or less. Add 1 minute to the processing time for each 1,000 feet of additional altitude.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 88 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 4mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Aug 10, 2019
Awesome! Just made today and it is wonderful on a cracker with cream cheese. My family enjoyed the leftover in the saucepan so much that I had to make a triple batch! It did take longer than an hr to reach the 220 stage.