Kentucky Peach Cobbler
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 6 medium ripe peaches, peeled and sliced (about 4 cups)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Dash salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup cold water
- Vanilla ice cream
- Arrange peaches in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. In a large bowl, combine butter and 1/2 cup sugar. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Pour over peaches; sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Pour cold water over the top. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with ice cream.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 327 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 207mg sodium, 69g carbohydrate (50g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 16, 2017
Amazing! Yum, yum, yum!
Sep 24, 2016
The flavor is good but I added a sprinkle of cinnamon. I think it would be too bland without it. It also baked up mushy underneath the crust. I would make it without adding the water.
Aug 2, 2014
Loved it! I mixed a little cinnamon with some sugar and sprinkled it over the peaches before I added the batter. Delicious! Will definitely make it again.
Mar 22, 2010
This is delicious. I doubled the biscuit like topping, cut down on the sugar to be added to the top, and sprinkled it with cinnamon. Canned peaches work too.