Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 45 min.
Makesabout 3 cups
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 large peaches, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 8 tablespoons vinegar, divided
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a large skillet, saute onions in oil until tender. Add peaches; cook and stir for 3 minutes. Add sugars, raisins, molasses, salt, pepper, allspice and 5 tablespoons of vinegar; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; stir in lemon juice and remaining vinegar. Serve at room temperature with ham, pork or poultry. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 48 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 101mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 0 protein.
Oct 3, 2018
This is amazing!!! put it over boneless pork chops which were marinated with salt, garlic and soy sauce. The sweet and savory kept you coming back for more!!
Aug 22, 2012
We have already made this several times. We love it, we had it with Chicken and will try it with other meats. I did make one change I added 1/4 cup minced green pepper and one small hot pepper, minced.