I love surprising recipes like this chutney with rhubarb, apple and cherries. Try it with cream cheese and crackers or as a condiment for grilled chicken. —Sue Gronholz, Beaver Dam, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 7 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb (about 2 pounds)
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 cups fresh or frozen pitted tart cherries, chopped
- 1 large tart apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, combine all ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until mixture has thickened.
- Transfer to covered containers. (If freezing, use freezer-safe containers and fill to within 1/2 in. of tops.) Refrigerate up to 3 weeks or freeze up to 12 months. Thaw frozen chutney in refrigerator before serving.