Total TimePrep: 40 min. + chilling
- 4 cups (1 pound) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cup chopped tart apple
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- In a large saucepan, combine the first eight ingredients. Cook over medium heat until berries pop, about 15 minutes.
- Add the apple, raisins and celery. Simmer, uncovered, until thickened, about 15 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl; refrigerate until chilled.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 70 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 5mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 0 protein.
Nov 19, 2017
Delicious and easy to make. Whole house smelled good while making. I added some orange zest but otherwise kept to the recipe and found it really good.
Dec 29, 2016
Easy to make and tasted great with turkey.
Dec 25, 2014
Jan 17, 2014
Everyone loves this! It was a great hit with Christmas ham, and also over cream cheese with crackers as a snack.
Dec 25, 2013
This is a great cranberry chutney, even the people that normally would not have any cranberry sauce with their meal really liked this. I have also used it with pork. Just love this one.
Dec 2, 2013
Very good but will omit the cinnamon next time. Makes a great side dish with poultry.
Dec 1, 2013
This is so delicious! I served it for Thanksgiving this year instead of cranberry sauce, and everyone loved it. The recipe makes a lot, so I shared some with friends, who also loved it and requested the recipe to make for their next holiday meal. This will be a staple during the holidays from now on!
Nov 11, 2013
I changed the recipe some. Instead of white sugar I used Splenda and used only 1/4 cup packed brown sugar. I would give it a 5 star rating and will make it again. Perhaps the next time I will use the Splenda brown sugar if I have some.
Dec 7, 2012
Made this for my leftover Thanksgiving turkey sandwiches. It is easy and delicious!
Dec 14, 2010
Very good with turkey and Dressing!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.